At the UCCF Politics Network, we are passionate about sharing the gospel with our friends. Whilst politics is a key way in which we can act to serve our communities and pursue the good of our neighbour, politics is a temporal good. It cannot fix our greatest problems nor create the peaceful utopia we long for. It can try, and it might do some good in the process, but we need to recognise that it is only ever going to have limited success.
Now, this might sound like a reason to despair, but we believe that there is one who will deal with all our problems, who will create a land of peace and blessing. His name is Jesus. Which is why we are committed to sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. The one who brings eternal good.
There are many ways of doing this in the world of politics, but we are especially excited about Meals with a Message. The premise being, gather some pals for food and start some big chats about faith and the deeper questions of life. You can find out more about what they are and how you might host one here.
Feel free to make it your own, but we pray that this talk on public decency and integrity might serve you well in sharing the hope of Jesus. Give it a watch and have a think through the discussion questions below...
- What qualities matter most to you in a political leader?
- Why do you think politicians so often fail to live up to high standards of decency and integrity?
- What do you make of the Bible’s claim that none of us can live up to God’s standards on our own?
- Do you think Jesus, as described in the eyewitness accounts of his life, lived a life of integrity?
- The Bible presents Jesus as the only one who met God's standards for integrity and claims he is therefore our only hope for getting relationships with God and others right. What do you make of that?